Friday, November 9, 2012

A horse is a horse, of course of course.....

... unless it's a collection of kitchen utensils, that is.

I've always loved horses, and they've appeared in my art for as long as I can remember--crayon scribbles on construction paper to a multi-canvased painting thesis at MICA. Naturally, I have always been a great appreciator of equine art, so I was truly tickled to come across this last week:






While searching for alternative uses for household items (yes, I Googled it . . . out of sheer desperation), I uncovered this article on epundit about a Japanese-American sculptor, Sakaya Ganz. Because she could not bear to throw away depleted household items (she was worried they'd be sad and weep in the trash), Ganz began turning them into a menagerie of three dimensional work. Besides being ecologically responsible, these sculptures are also incredibly beautiful. The Brave Little Toaster would be so proud!






No comments:

Post a Comment